Monday, January 27, 2014

I am writing this about an hour before class, and honestly, I feel overwhelmed with the material and what is expected in order to succeed in the class. I am definitely committed to seeing everything through, but where to start? I guess the first smart thing would be to browse through the text and start reading about some existentialism. I met with my group lat week, still no Danielle Flores… I read one of my other group member’s blog and he talked about how he can’t forget her name after calling for her in the lecture room. For some strange reason I can’t forget her name either (sorry to be creepy Danielle, or not, I don’t know because you will probably never read this). Now this play or performance that we have to do… One word, “why?” Even though I really don’t want to act in front of 100+ students, I will swallow my anxiety and deliver a fucking stellar performance, or so I’d like to believe. (At least I will try.) Now, in the syllabus it says that Group 1 is presenting today and I am curious to see how it will play out. I am excited to see what the first group is going show us, lecture-wise. – Finishing up this reflection, I was impressed with the first group. They did a good job on not lecturing and engaging instead. Plus, they had the shortest time out of everyone to prepare and they still did well. The play they put on was quite simple and minimal, but still got to the point. I have to admit, I was a little behind on the reading of The Stranger, but as I read it, I find it incredibly engaging. Something about how the story is told draws my attention and the content appeals to me. I like anything out of the ordinary, so to start with a death progress into madness pleased me. Is that weird to say? Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment